Saturday 27 April 2013

Samples no.7 Pushing it Further

While I was having my little crisis about my fabrics, I decided to do some more samples to take my mind off of it, however I didn't want to do more bleaching, so I decided to push two of my bleached samples further by combining them with other processes I have used.


Both the processes I used for pushing these further were done with transfer dyes, the first was done by screwing up the piece of fabric so that it only picks up some of the colour. And the second is the same method, used to create my very first samples, and although it looks really good, I would have create exactly the same thing by creating a multicoloured colour sheet, instead of going through the length processes of dying and bleaching it, and now you can't see any of the delicate bleached lines.


Although I like them both, I think I'm just going to stick with my bleaching and silk screen process.

No comments:

Post a Comment