Wednesday 24 April 2013

Samples no.5 Bleaching

Once I had refined my process, I needed to start working with different fabrics so that I could work out what kind I would like to use for my final outcome. I tried using poly sateen, cotton, viscose polyester and voile. The biggest difference I noticed when using the different fabric is the vibrancy of colour, which is best on the cotton, however the cotton is too stiff for my final outcome, although once it has been printed on, all the fabrics stiffen up to a degree. Also the more floaty fabrics such as the voile don't hold the dyes as well as the poly sateen or cotton, it has to be hung up to dry so that the paper it's drying on doesn't stuck the colour out, but even then the colours aren't as bright as the other samples.

Poly Sateen

Cotton

Viscose Polyester

Voile

I'm going to have to think of something!

No comments:

Post a Comment