Saturday 20 April 2013

Liverpool Research

Today we went to Liverpool to try and get some Primary Research!
First we went to the Liverpool world museum to look at their astronomy/space and time collection. I couldn't really find anything helpful although it was very interesting reading about the progression of our knowledge of space, we also watched a little bit of a documentary that was being shown. There were some brilliant images that were taken by the Hubble Telescope, however I'd already seen most of them when I was conducting my initial research.





We also went to the Walker Art Gallery, as one of my class mates said she had seen something that she thought could be relevant to my project. So we went to have a look in the new collection exhibition  where we found the work of Helen Chadwick, her collection was entitled Viral Landscapes; which combined photos of landscapes with images of cells from her own body. At first that is not what you see when you look at the images, but when you look closer you can realise what you are really seeing this being one of the reasons that I like this collection, it combines the phenomena of natural landscapes with the phenomena of natural life.


No comments:

Post a Comment