Tuesday 16 April 2013

Samples no.2 Transfer Dyes

I saw a class mate of mine doing a couple of samples of these, so I thought I would have a go. It's done by painting a colour sheet of transfer dyes, letting it dry, screwing up your synthetic fabric, putting it under the heat press, putting your colour sheet on top of it and allowing it to print. Once it's ironed, you can no longer see the creases and you are left with crisp edges and amazing random blocks of colours.


I really love the effect, but I don't think it is something I will continue to develop, however I will create one more sample that has a combination of two different colour sheets, to see how they work together. I also really love the colour combination from the colour sheet, I couldn't tell how it would look before it printed as the dyes didn't differetiate much on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment