Monday 22 April 2013

Samples no.4 Bleaching

One of the ideas we came up with for achieving the effect of my mono-prints was to use bleach, however I wasn't sure how I was going to go about creating the same effect on my fabric. When I spoke to the technician, she suggest pushing it through a silk screen along with painted on brusho dyes. Which she showed me how to do as well.




These are created by painting extra strong brusho dyes onto a silk screen, painting on the bleach, then turning it over on top of your fabric, adding binder, then pushing it through the screen with a squeegee on to your fabric. 
I have spent some of last week and most of this week refining my process, which turns it in to quite a lengthy process, and due to a limited amount of clear screens I can only do so many samples at a time. The technique has been refined in terms of everything needing to be completely dry before you can start the next stage, refined in terms of how I create my lines, and I've also started trying it on other fabrics. But this is definitely the process I want to continue with.

No comments:

Post a Comment