Tuesday 12 March 2013

Workshop no.2

Today we were progressing our pieces from the drawing workshop yesterday by trying to translate some of it in to mono-prints. One of the methods we were shown was rolling the ink out on the surface, placing a piece of paper over it and drawing directly on to the paper so that on the opposite side our drawing would appear in ink. Another method was drawing directly into the ink so that when we printed the image it would print the negative space. However I didn't feel that either of these methods really related to my project, so instead I decided to combine two different colour ink and force them together, using the roller to create wave like patterns. At first I was skeptical about how it would turn out, but I was unbelievably happy with the print.


I then tried a version of the drawing in method, but instead of drawing an image I tried to incorporate the wave movement from above. 


Which I think was very successful as well, I would love to come up with a way that I could translate this into fabric, without creating a silk screen, as I wouldn't want it to be an obvious pattern, as natural phenomenons are very unpredictable and never look the same, so having a pattern would defeat the object of what I am trying to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment