Monday 11 March 2013

Workshop no.1

In the morning we went through our statements of intent which was rather stressful, however it turns out mine was better than I thought it was, however I am still slightly stuck for a title, hmm...
In the afternoon thought we started drawing to try and generate some ideas.

 
 

When I was looking through one of my reference books- 'The Natural World Close Up'- I came across this image of a butterfly wing, which I thought was really beautiful and has a great repeat pattern to it. Especially as the books provides images of it magified at different scales, which made the drawings easier as the drawings were progressing in terms of media and methdod. My favourite drawings are the drawing of the butterfly done in fine liner, and the magified image done in fine liner. I find when drawing, that uses fine liners are one of my favourite methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment